Specialist assessments may be required for a number of reasons including referral to services, medical treatment and second opinions.
- for specialist psychiatric mental health assessment
- as a requirement by New Zealand Transport Agency (e.g. section 65 licensing)
- for a second opinion as a consumer preference
- for assessment through ACC (Accident Compensation Corporation)
- for specialist medical opinion (e.g. recommendation for further management)
- for specialist medical treatment (e.g. treatment of problem alcohol or drug use) or for research purposes